LD Debater!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LD Debater!

A forum for high school Lincoln-Douglas debate.

2 posters

help creating a wiki

Debatewise

help creating a wiki Empty help creating a wiki

Post  Debatewise Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:56 am

Hello All,

I hope that I am not contravening the board's code of conduct with posting this. And I am not sure if this is the right section of the forum, but I am asking for help though of a different kind to what most people come to this forum for.

Debatewise (A not for profit debating website based in the UK) is working in cooperation with IDEA (International Debate Education Association) to create resource material for Lincoln Douglas debate motions released by the National Forensics League.

The idea is to counter the pay-for-play system by creating free-to-access materials available using the format on http://www.debatewise.com. As debatewise is wiki based we need others both people with experience of Lincoln Douglas debate and people who have an interest in any particular topic that becomes the motion to be involved in creating the debates. Our aim is to come up with all the factual based points possible on any given issue while giving references and citations on each point to direct LDdebaters to other further sources of research (newspaper articles, Journals, government statistics etc). As such while LD debate is about including a moral justification in debates the resource need not have this in as it can be left to individual teams to add this when they are debating.

In order for this debate to be a reliable resource we need good quality, well sourced and backed up, material. We need experienced LD debaters to be involved to be able create the best possible resource for students.

We would like your help with:
    • Creating the founding resource material.
    • Editing others points to make them as strong as possible

Having a freely available online resource for the debates would have numerous advantages for those participating in LD debates.
    • It is free and easy to use meaning there is equal access for all students no matter their financial situation.
    • Levels the playing field by giving everyone access to the necessary resources particularly benefiting newcomers to LD.
    • As the resource will be online it is available anywhere there is an internet connection therefore can be used as an on the spot reference.
    • Provides a comprehensive references and sources for each motion.
    • The debates will provide links to other available information and guides so also acts as a reference point from which to engage in further research.

If you wish to get involved go to http://idebate.debatewise.com/ alternatively PM me. I will endevor to answer any questions here

Thanks
    Fenris

help creating a wiki Empty Re: help creating a wiki

Post  Fenris Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 am

I don't think this forum is very active anymore. I recommend lddebate.org