LD Debater!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LD Debater!

A forum for high school Lincoln-Douglas debate.

2 posters

Topic overiew

snackies

Topic overiew Empty Topic overiew

Post  snackies Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:33 am

There are a number of ways to go on this topic. This is largly due to the fact that the wording makes it a very broud proposition rather then a general statment of do somthing or don't do somthing.

But overall, the topic in my opinion gives the neg a ridiculious amount of ground where as the aff stock position is claiming fiot essentially.

The most common neg positions are going to be, 1. Proceedural Justice Key, The neg, despite if the neg says no rehab punishment, no way to prove guilt, no checks on power ultimatly are just going to say proceedural justice is better.

So that essentiall makes the aff position proceedural justice inneffective, some justice is better then none at all.

These are just my opinions on what the stock cases will be. I'm writing a racism/sexism neg. then I'm writing an aff saying vigilantism has checks, and vigilantes have proceedural justice.
    mhassin
    mhassin

Topic overiew Empty Re: Topic overiew

Post  mhassin Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:25 pm

snackies wrote:There are a number of ways to go on this topic. This is largly due to the fact that the wording makes it a very broud proposition rather then a general statment of do somthing or don't do somthing.

But overall, the topic in my opinion gives the neg a ridiculious amount of ground where as the aff stock position is claiming fiot essentially.

The most common neg positions are going to be, 1. Proceedural Justice Key, The neg, despite if the neg says no rehab punishment, no way to prove guilt, no checks on power ultimatly are just going to say proceedural justice is better.

So that essentiall makes the aff position proceedural justice inneffective, some justice is better then none at all.

These are just my opinions on what the stock cases will be. I'm writing a racism/sexism neg. then I'm writing an aff saying vigilantism has checks, and vigilantes have proceedural justice.

in my experience with life, i've found that spelling things correctly helps you get taken more seriously.

i don't really understand why the most common neg position will be 'proceedural' justice, seeing as the neg world doesn't have any more procedural justice than the aff world.

this topic is very enh.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:14 am