LD Debater!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LD Debater!

A forum for high school Lincoln-Douglas debate.

2 posters

Institute for Debate Education (IDE)

ctheis
    ctheis

Institute for Debate Education (IDE) Empty Institute for Debate Education (IDE)

Post  ctheis Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:27 am

Hey, everyone I just wanted to pass along information about a new debate camp opportunity available in Minnesota. If you are a student I strongly encourage you to consider IDE as an option this summer and If you are a coach I would appreciate it if you passed along the information to your students. Here is the crucial information:

http://www.institute4debate.com/

St. Cloud, MN.

Camp Dates: June 23rd-July 6th

Cost: $1650 (reductions available through referral program, see website under apply)

The Institute for Debate Education offers a two week course to students who are committed to improving their skills in Lincoln-Douglas Debate. We have a staff with concentrated talent and teaching ability that will help improve your debate skills. Most importantly, we have a staff that knows how to teach a balance of strategy and substance: we teach a style that appeals to judges across the spectrum with a proven record of success. Our camp is geared towards students with various levels of experience. Teachers at IDE have worked with novices with no debate experience and varsity debaters with 4 years experience. Our staff will know how to suit your needs best: it is our job to help you improve the skills you need to improve. Your experience at IDE will be personalized and adapted to best fit your needs.

IDE is designed to have limited enrollment so that each student who attends gets more information and is able to work with every staff member with ease.

However, limited enrollment does not mean that any talent has been sacrificed in teacher quality. Our staff accomplishments include:
    - ToC Champion (2008)
    - ToC Runner-up (2004)
    - ToC Quarter-finalist (2003)
    - MN State Champions (2003, 2006, 2009)
    - Numerous Invitational Championships (St. Marks, Emory, Blake, The Bronx Tournament)
    - Numerous Round Robin Championships (3 Iowa RR, 2 Greenhill RR, 1 MBA RR)
    - NFL National Tournament 6th Place (2007)

If there are any questions feel free to email us at Institute4Debate@gmail.com or you can contact me personally at ctheis09@gmail.com

Thanks, and I hope to see some of you there.
    JohnnyFontane
    Elimination Rounds
    Elimination Rounds

Institute for Debate Education (IDE) Empty Re: Institute for Debate Education (IDE)

Post  JohnnyFontane Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:37 pm

How many kids do you expect to attend the camp, Chris? Students-per-counselor?
    ctheis
    ctheis

Institute for Debate Education (IDE) Empty Re: Institute for Debate Education (IDE)

Post  ctheis Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:37 pm

We are expecting to have between 30-50 students. We will maintain at least a 6:1 student staff ratio.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 am