LD Debater!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LD Debater!

A forum for high school Lincoln-Douglas debate.

2 posters

Flex prep?

Db8rBoi
    Db8rBoi
    Elimination Rounds
    Elimination Rounds

Flex prep? Empty Flex prep?

Post  Db8rBoi Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 pm

I know that a lot of people like flex prep, but does anyone else think that it is kind of ridiculous?

Given all of the advantages that the negative enjoys already, I think giving someone this much prep time really, really puts the affirmative in a tough spot. Let's face it. Having a ton of time to prepare for a 1AR is a lot different than having a ton of time to get ready to give a hellish 1NC.

Why do most people accept it?

Suspect
    poneill
    Elimination Rounds
    Elimination Rounds

Flex prep? Empty Re: Flex prep?

Post  poneill Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Db8rBoi wrote:I know that a lot of people like flex prep, but does anyone else think that it is kind of ridiculous?

Given all of the advantages that the negative enjoys already, I think giving someone this much prep time really, really puts the affirmative in a tough spot. Let's face it. Having a ton of time to prepare for a 1AR is a lot different than having a ton of time to get ready to give a hellish 1NC.

Why do most people accept it?

Suspect

Not really sure. Most of the time I like to sit for cross-x and use it to ask questions as i'm prepping. I actually find this more useful on the aff than on the neg (i mean most of your neg strat is gonna be somewhat pre-scripted).