LD Debater!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LD Debater!

A forum for high school Lincoln-Douglas debate.

3 posters

Camp Evidence Trading?

JohnnyFontane
    Elimination Rounds
    Elimination Rounds

Camp Evidence Trading? Empty Camp Evidence Trading?

Post  JohnnyFontane Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:39 pm

I know people in the CX world do this every year, but do you think we could get a tradition of sharing camp evidence started? Usually labs make files or compile evidence from lab members when camp is over. Though sharing evidence would not be quite as helpful in LD (since the policy topic is already known when they have camp and our topics are pretty much chosen randomly for camp debates), I think there are still many benefits to the practice. Not only would this open access to evidence up to kids who attend different camps and don't get lucky with topic selection, it (more importantly) would help out kids who can't afford to throw down $2-3K for camp every summer.

If you are willing to share evidence, please post in this thread. I will make a list. I think we should ultimately upload files, and then I will post links to each camps' name in this thread.

CAD
    Iowa
    NDF 1
    NDF 2
    NSD
    SNFI
    UNT
    UTNIF
    VBI 1
    VBI 2

If I am missing any camps, please post those names too! Remember, more than one person can volunteer to contribute evidence from each camp. Often individual labs make files, so we could either post multiple links or we would compile multiple files from the same camp in a RAR or something.
    JohnnyFontane
    Elimination Rounds
    Elimination Rounds

Camp Evidence Trading? Empty Re: Camp Evidence Trading?

Post  JohnnyFontane Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:01 pm

It looks like this didn't really catch on! Seriously though. Any volunteers?
    poneill
    Elimination Rounds
    Elimination Rounds

Post  poneill Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:44 pm

JohnnyFontane wrote:It looks like this didn't really catch on! Seriously though. Any volunteers?

I mean I think i've made it pretty clear that i support the free flow of information including camp files, citations, etc; but given that A) some camps (a la VBI 3rd week) make it pretty clear they don't want you sharing the evidence, B) I appear to be in a small minority of supporters here, C) there aren't always "camp files" in that a lot of evidence people produce at camps is for their own work, and D) I don't see the value in having to disclose what research/strats i've worked on for a particular topic when said topic hasn't even been selected much less debated at all; I have a hard time committing to it. If several others were to voice support for this type of project even in a non-committal way, I might feel differently. I wouldn't mind sharing general thoughts/info on topics from camp if others did the same. This way you aren't required to post evidence/files but people can still get some info about the topics.
    TheGoods

Post  TheGoods Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:23 pm

At least at NSD, there is no camp evidence file, so I don't feel like it would be very helpful to submit random files from labs. This activity isn't as well suited for that type of sharing as policy, I think.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:40 am