LD Debater!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LD Debater!

A forum for high school Lincoln-Douglas debate.

3 posters

Todd Liipfert's "Views from a Champion"?

JohnnyFontane
    Elimination Rounds
    Elimination Rounds

Todd Liipfert's "Views from a Champion"? Empty Todd Liipfert's "Views from a Champion"?

Post  JohnnyFontane Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:36 am

VBD posted this article from last year's NFL champion, Todd Liipfert:

http://victorybriefsdaily.com/2009/06/12/views-from-a-champion/

No offense to Todd, but was anyone else a little letdown? The old Douglas Jeffers article on the same topic was really helpful I think, since it discussed a number of issues many debaters will have to overcome to win. I feel like Todd's suggestion boils down to "have some fun, and see what happens." I would have really liked to hear more about what a former champion did to prepare for each round!
    poneill
    Elimination Rounds
    Elimination Rounds

Todd Liipfert's "Views from a Champion"? Empty Re: Todd Liipfert's "Views from a Champion"?

Post  poneill Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:46 pm

JohnnyFontane wrote:VBD posted this article from last year's NFL champion, Todd Liipfert:

http://victorybriefsdaily.com/2009/06/12/views-from-a-champion/

No offense to Todd, but was anyone else a little letdown? The old Douglas Jeffers article on the same topic was really helpful I think, since it discussed a number of issues many debaters will have to overcome to win. I feel like Todd's suggestion boils down to "have some fun, and see what happens." I would have really liked to hear more about what a former champion did to prepare for each round!

I had todd and doug as lab leaders at VBI 1 last year. That article is a very accurate reflection of todd's preparation. The two of them are very different individuals and debaters, and frankly, Todd's advice is actually a good lesson. I know at Harker (which was my best tourney last year), as soon as I found out that I didn't have to debate in partial doubles, i went straight back to my hotel, did a bit of prep (less than an hour), and went to sleep. Being well-rested pays off. Plus, Nats is a huge tournament with an even wider range of judges over the course of a week. You can only do so much to make sure you're ready, and it's prolly better to make sure that you're mentally/physically ready to go for ~50 mins of intense focus.
    TheGoods

Todd Liipfert's "Views from a Champion"? Empty Re: Todd Liipfert's "Views from a Champion"?

Post  TheGoods Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Word on the street is that Todd was given a special exemption to enter this year's NFL champion. He will be the first redshirt senior to capture the NFL crown. Oh yeah.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:24 am